We understand that pastoral care is an important aspect of sharing God’s love within the church family and building one another up in Christ.
Pastoral care begins with the warm welcome we try to give everyone who comes to St Nicholas. We hold welcome lunches twice a year, where people new to St Nicholas can meet some of the staff and learn more about the life of the church. We also encourage all members of the church family to belong to a small group, which can provide an important opportunity to form close and supportive friendships with other Christians.
A designated Care Committee oversees particular needs including:
- bereavement support and counselling
- making or arranging pastoral visits
- lifts for hospital appointments or hospital visiting
- meals and other practical help during illness
- a listening ear and support in times of particular need
To offer or request pastoral support, or for further details, please contact our Minister of Pastoral Care and Training Gavin McGrath.