St Nicholas PCC operates under the guidelines laid down by the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults. The PCC adopts the policy annually and receives regular updates throughout the year.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/ survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concern / allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Service or the Police without delay.
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Rev Gavin McGrath - 07946-902758 / email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Janice Keen - 01634-560000 / firstname.lastname@example.org
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop it Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141